Our mission at Sonrisa is to care for the people we serve and our planet. Our vision is to be a leading innovator in connecting the mind, body and spirit through holistic inspiration, education and service.
Through our unique combination of services, earth friendly products and experts we will create a sustainable organization providing unparalleled beauty, healing and wellness experiences for our guests and our community.
- Social responsibility is our responsibility.
- Our passion is customized service excellence for every guest, every time.
- Positive energy and outcomes follow positive intention.
- Respectful, caring treatment for people and our planet is fundamental.
- Ecological stewardship and financial prosperity are mutually achievable.
- Environmentalism and personal wellness require safe, natural products and practices.
- We are life long learners who are called to educate and inspire.
- True leadership embodies Presence, Passion, Purpose, Partnership and Practice.
- Embracing diversity strengthens our team of Artists, Healers, Helpers, Experts, Dreamers, Doers, Educators, and Technicians and together we can make a difference!
Vision Statement from the Owner: Karen Kissinger
As a certified life and wellness coach my interest in the spa and salon industry started with research about the dangers associated with some beauty products. It is widely accepted that the beauty industry has long been one of the most toxic in the world. I don’t believe that you should have to risk your health in pursuit of beauty and wellness.
My vision for our salon and spa is for it to be a center for health and beauty. In this environment we can support each guest’s pursuit of personal health and beauty – internally, externally and environmentally. We bring our vision, mission and beliefs to life every day in our shared intentions, practices and behaviors.
Sonrisa is also influenced by my Native American culture and healing experiences with Qigong and energy work. Using products and services incorporating The Four Elements we maintain a connection to nature to establish balance, beauty and vitality.
Earth: Minerals, botanical plants, fruits and vegetables are used in our natural and organic cosmetics as well as skincare for face and body treatments.
Water: Marine based seaweed products are used for cleansing and detox along with water treatments sacred to the spa environment including hydrotherapy, soaks, steam therapies and our pedicure thrones.
Fire: Services incorporate heat ranging from hair styling to infrared sauna treatments providing for detox and muscle relief.
Air: Aromatherapy is offered to facilitate the sensory experiences while massage and Qigong sessions incorporate breath work to facilitate stress relief and general wellness.
We have created a physical environment that is not only beautiful, but which demonstrates our deep commitment to sustainability and the protection of our planet.
We have also assembled a staff of highly trained professionals who are committed to our shared vision, mission and beliefs.
As a lifelong educator and doctoral candidate, I believe in continuous learning which is central to our culture. We offer sound, well-researched treatments as well as continuing education for all staff and service providers so that current techniques, colors, styles and trends may be offered to our guests. I am proud of our business and invite you to experience the Sonrisa difference.